Rangers look to ignite their Champions League hopes in a must-win home clash against Napoli at Ibrox.
Victory could lift Rangers off the foot of Group A whilst Napoli can go top with a win.
Rangers have no fresh injury concerns to report as Ben Davies, John Souttar (both knock) and Tom Lawrence (knee) remain ruled out.
Kemar Roofe, Ianis Hagis and Filip Helander are all ineligible after being left out of Rangers’ Champions League squad, following lengthy injuries.
Napoli will be without Victor Oshimen after he suffered a thigh injury in last week’s victory over Liverpool.
Diego Demme (foot) is ruled out.
- This is Rangers’ first-ever meeting against Napoli in all UEFA competitions.
- Napoli are visiting Ibrox for the very first time across all UEFA competitions.
- Rangers are facing an eighth different Serie A team for the first time across all UEFA competitions – having previously faced AC Milan, Fiorentina, Inter Milan, Torino, Juventus, Parma and Livorno.
- Antonio-Mirko Colak has scored in each of Rangers’ two home matches in the Champions League this season.
- Khvicha Kvaratskheila has scored in two of Napoli’s three away matches in all competitions this season.
Following a shambolic defensive display in their defeat at Ajax last week, Rangers now must reset and adapt their tactics because I feel like they will be doing a lot of the defending here given their inferior attacking quality in this match.
Napoli though were simply ruthless in their win over Liverpool with deadly pace and movement across the pitch, which I don’t see letting up here despite Oshimen’s injury-related absence because this team look capable of causing issues all night long.
Much of this result though could boil down to how well Rangers play defensively because if they’re stubborn, this could be a tight contest otherwise I am going for a comfortable away victory.
Prediction: Rangers 0-3 Napoli
Result: Rangers 0-3 Napoli