Wolves look to escape the relegation zone as they welcome Southampton to Molineux in a Premier League encounter.
Victory could see Wolves climb out of the relegation zone, whereas Southampton can stay in the top ten with a win.
Wolves have no fresh injury concerns to report after Wednesday’s goalless draw at Bournemouth as Chiquinho (knee) remains absent.
Sasa Kalajdzic could make his debut after he joined in midweek from VfB Stuggart.
Southampton will be without Romeo Lavia after he suffered a muscle injury in Tuesday’s win over Chelsea.
Valentino Livramento remains absent with a knee injury.
New signings: Duje Caleta-Car, Samuel Edozie, Juan Larios and Ainsley Maitland-Niles could be in contention for their club debuts, although Maitland-Niles is only a loanee from Arsenal.
- Wolves have lost just one of their last eight Premier League meetings against Southampton (W5, D2, L1).
- Southampton haven’t won away to Wolves at Molineux in the Premier League since the hosts’ top-flight return in 2018-19 season (D2, L2).
- Wolves’ Raul Jimenez scored in both appearances against Southampton last season (W2).
- Adama Traore has made more substitute appearances in the Premier League season than any other Wolves player (3).
- Joe Aribo is the only non-European Southampton player to have scored in the Premier League this season.
Wasted chances summed up Wolves’ performance at Bournemouth in midweek because they were absolutely dominant in attack yet lacked end product which is a regular theme within this team which is a huge shame given their excellent attacking build-up play.
Southampton meanwhile were solid in their win against Chelsea because they weathered early attacks from their visitors, but crucially didn’t let their spirit drop after conceding with two clinical comeback goals and even upped their intensity in the second half despite facing tough opposition.
The final touch therefore could well be vital here because if Wolves continue to waste chances even despite the arrival of Kalajdzic, I can see Southampton delivering a smash and grab result.
Prediction: Wolves 0-1 Southampton
Result: Wolves 1-0 Southampton