Brighton & Hove Albion welcome Tottenham Hotspur to AMEX Stadium in a rearranged Premier League clash.
Victory would see Brighton climb to tenth in the table, whereas Tottenham can go seventh with a win.
Adam Lallana is ruled out for Brighton after suffering a minor hamstring injury in Saturday’s loss to Liverpool.
Adam Webster (groin) could be in contention if he passes late fitness tests.
Tottenham have no fresh injury concerns to report as Ryan Sessegnon (muscle), Japhet Tanganga (knee) and Oliver Skipp (groin) remain absent.
- Brighton have claimed just seven points from eight previous Premier League meetings against Tottenham (W2, D1, L5).
- Tottenham have won just one of four previous Premier League visits to Brighton (W1, D1, L2).
- Brighton have kept clean sheets in their last two home games against Tottenham (W2), during which they scored four goals.
- Graham Potter’s Seagulls have scored just one goal in their last five matches (L5), during which they conceded 11 goals.
- Harry Kane has scored four goals in three of his last four away appearances for Tottenham in the Premier League.
Having dropped out of the top ten following five consecutive defeats, Brighton just need something to halt their freefall, although there are positives to take from Saturday’s defeat against Liverpool because they played well in attack but lacked the final touch.
Graham Potter though should be worried about how his Brighton players struggled with long ball passes and quick attacks, which have both become more problematic following Dan Burn’s exit and have been strong factors in some of their defeats.
Tottenham meanwhile looked defensively lacklustre at times in their loss at Manchester United on Saturday with poor marking of Cristiano Ronaldo, which proved costly on top of poor finishing and relied on luck of a handball and own goal for their two goals.
Improvement therefore is needed here for both teams but if Brighton play like they did on Saturday with better finishing and tighter defending, I can see them getting something if Tottenham aren’t careful in their marking because their away performance of late have been inconsistent.
Prediction: Brighton 1-1 Tottenham
Result: Brighton 0-2 Tottenham