QPR welcome West Bromwich Albion to Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium in a crunch stand-out clash in race for Sky Bet Championship play-offs.
Victory would lift QPR above West Brom into fourth whereas Valerien Ismael’s Baggies can stay fourth with a win, whilst potentially closing the gap to third-placed Blackburn in the process if Tony Mowbray’s Rovers lose elsewhere.
Chris Willock is a doubt for QPR after missing the Hoops’ penalty shootout victory over Rotherham in FA Cup last weekend with a knock.
Ilias Chair, Seny Dieng and Osman Kakay (all international duty), Sam McCallum (hamstring) and Jordy de Wijs (calf) are ruled out.
West Brom will be without Cedric Kipre after he was sent off in their FA Cup exit against Brighton.
Daryl Dike (fitness) is a doubt but Sam Johnstone, Alex Mowatt (both suspension), Semi Ajayi (international duty), Robert Snodgrass (back), Kean Bryan (knee) and Dara O’Shea (ankle) remain absent.
- QPR have claimed just one point from their last five matches against West Brom (D1, L4).
- West Brom have won three of their last five league visits to QPR (W3, D1, L1).
- Only one of the last seven clashes between QPR and West Brom in West London has failed to see both teams score, as the Baggies ran out 2-0 winners in September 2019.
- QPR have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six matches in all competitions, scoring and conceding seven goals apiece.
- West Brom have had three players sent off in their last two matches.
Although QPR have rediscovered the winning trail in their last three matches, defending still seems to be their biggest concern at present with various individual mistakes which need shoring up quickly, especially if the battle for play-off spots come down to goal difference in May.
West Brom meanwhile seem to be in a rut still at present with just five goals in their last nine games in all competitions, yet seem to know how to grind out draws in normal time which is keeping them in the promotion fight but they need to start winning if want to chase a top two finish.
This match though feels like it should be a tight game given the various absentees plus defensive issues within both teams, so I am going for a score draw here.
Prediction: QPR 1-1 WBA
Result: QPR 1-0 WBA