Aston Villa look for instant revenge at home to Manchester United at Villa Park just days after a controversial elimination from the FA Cup.
Depending on results elsewhere earlier in the weekend, victory could se Villa climb as high as tenth.
Man Utd meanwhile can go sixth with a win.
Lucas Digne could make his debut for Aston Villa after joining the club in midweek from Everton.
Jaden Philogene-Bidace (pelvis) is a doubt but Ashely Young (toe) could return against his former team.
Trezeguet, Bertrand Traore (both international duty), Leon Bailey (hamstring), Marvelous Nakamba (knee) and John McGinn (suspension) are ruled out.
Man Utd will be without Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw for this match after the pair picked up their fifth bookings of the season in their league defeat to Wolves on New Year weekend.
Harry Maguire (abdominal), Diogo Dalot (ankle), Phil Jones (unspecified), Jadon Sancho (hamstring) and Cristiano Ronaldo (fitness) are all doubts.
Eric Bailly (international duty), Anthony Martial (knee) and Paul Pogba (quad) remain absent.
- Aston Villa have claimed just four points from their last five league meetings against Man Utd (W1, D1, L3).
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 22 league visits to Villa Park (W15, D7) since losing 3-1 in August 1995.
- Bruno Fernandes and Mason Greenwood have scored in Utd’s last two visits to Villa Park in which the Red Devils scored three goals in both trips.
- Only two Villa players have made more than 1,000 touches this season in the Premier League (Matty Cash (1,123) and Matt Targett (1,003).
- Mason Greenwood has been substituted on nine occasions in the Premier League this season, more than any other Man Utd player.
Having dominated much of Monday’s Third Round tie against United at Old Trafford, Villa were harshly twice denied a win by VAR so I am expecting them to come into this match fired up to produce a reaction, but they just need to improve their positioning when finishing chances to avoid offsides.
Man Utd meanwhile rode their luck at times but with Maguire, Dalot and Ronaldo set to return, Ralf Rangnick’s Red Devils should be back at full strength but they need to build on that win rather than revert to their sloppy league performances of recent weeks.
This game therefore will definitely go one way or another and the first goal will be crucial but given Utd’s strong league form at Villa Park, I can see them somehow riding their luck again and finding a narrow winner.
Prediction: Aston Villa 1-2 Manchester United
Result: Aston Villa 2-2 Manchester United