Fulham welcome Sheffield United to Craven Cottage in Monday Night Football in Sky Bet Championship.
Victory would see league leaders, Fulham move five points clear of second-placed Bournemouth, whereas Sheffield Utd can go 11th with a win.
Harrison Reed is set to return for Fulham after missing their 1-1 draw at Luton last weekend with a muscle injury.
Ivan Cavaleiro (groin), Nathaniel Chalobah (calf) and Terence Kongolo (knee) are doubtful as they continue their recoveries, with Marco Silva unwilling to risk them until they are match fit.
Jay Stansfield (knee) and Tyrese Francois (unspecified) remain absent.
Sheffield Utd could welcome John Fleck back after the midfielder recovered from illness which had sidelined him in recent weeks.
Robin Olsen (muscle), Jack O’Connell (knee), Adlene Guedioura (ankle) and Rhian Brewster (hamstring) remain absent.
- Fulham have lost just one of their last seven clashes against Sheffield Utd in all competitions (W4, D2, L1).
- Sheffield Utd have won just one of their last eight visits to Fulham across all competitions (W1, D2, L5).
- Fulham have failed to concede in their last three home clashes against Sheffield Utd.
- Fulham haven’t drawn four consecutive games by the same result since a run of four goalless draws in December 1999.
- Billy Sharp has scored in Sheffield Utd’s last two matches since Paul Heckingbottom was re-appointed as manager.
Although Fulham haven’t been at their best this past month, Silva’s Cottagers have found a way of grinding out four consecutive draws especially with the latter three games ending 1-1, which is a true example of what is needed when not at their best to stay in the promotion fight.
Fulham though will be relieved that Bournemouth and West Brom have coincidentally hit similar ruts now, so this is a huge opportunity to pull a nice five-point lead heading into the festive fortnight.
Sheffield Utd meanwhile have had two weeks off due to their postponed clash against QPR last weekend, yet they can take heart from two vastly improved attacking performances under Heckingbottom but Fulham are their bogey club though.
Either way, this won’t be an easy contest between two teams who were in the Premier League last season but if Fulham aren’t at their best, this is a huge opportunity for the Blades to get a win but I can see the hosts scraping a draw.
Prediction: Fulham 1-1 Sheffield United
Result: Fulham 0-1 Sheffield United