Burnley welcome West Ham to Turf Moor in an untelevised Super Sunday clash as both teams fight for points at opposite ends of the Premier League table.
Victory could move Burnley out of the relegation zone, whereas West Ham will stay fourth with a win and move eight points off league leaders – Manchester City.
Phil Bardsley is set to return for Burnley after recovering from a knock.
Conor Roberts, Dale Stephens (both illness), Ben Mee (shoulder) and Maxwel Cornet (thigh) all face fitness tests, although Ashley Barnes remains absent with a thigh injury.
West Ham could welcome Aaron Cresswell back after he alongside with several first team regulars were rested in Thursday’s Europa League loss to Dinamo Zagreb.
Ben Johnson, Kurt Zouma (both hamstring), Ryan Fredricks (groin) and Angelo Ogbonna (knee) remain ruled out.
- Burnley have won three of their last five matches against West Ham (W3, L2).
- West Ham have won two of their last five visits to Turf Moor (W2, D1, L2), with both wins coming through 2-1 results.
- West Ham’s Michail Antonio netted three goals across two appearances against Burnley last season.
- No English player has been used as a substitute on more occasions this season than Burnley’s Jay Rodriguez, who was brought on from the bench in 10 of his 11 league appearances.
- All three of Pablo Fornals’ bookings for West Ham this season have come away from home.
After delivering a wasteful losing display at Newcastle last weekend which was settled by one defensive error, Burnley now need to reset and just try and to rediscover their spark which was present until Cornet suffered his injury from which they just lost intensity.
West Ham meanwhile won’t be too bothered by their midweek defeat to Dinamo Zagreb after several players were rested, which was the right strategy for Moyes because he will have a fresh squad ready for a hectic festive period full of confidence after a spirited win over Chelsea last weekend.
The first goal therefore should be key given that this won’t be an easy game for both teams but if Cornet isn’t fit for Burnley, I can see just one result coming.
Prediction: Burnley 0-2 West Ham
Result: Burnley 0-0 West Ham