Wolves face a difficult test of their top six credentials as they welcome Liverpool to Molineux.
Victory could lift Wolves up to fifth until Sunday afternoon, whereas a win could lift Liverpool up to the top of the table if Chelsea fail to beat West Ham at lunchtime.
Daniel Podence is a doubt for Wolves as he nears a return after self-isolating following a positive Coronavirus test.
Ruben Neves meanwhile returns from suspension as Fernando Marcal (Coronavirus) joins Jonny, Pedro Neto (both knee), Yerson Mosquera and Hugo Bueno (both hamstring) and Willy Boly (muscle) on sidelines.
Liverpool have no fresh injury concerns to report as Naby Keita, Roberto Firmino (both hamstring), Joe Gomez (calf), Curtis Jones (eye) and Harvey Elliott (ankle) remain ruled out.
- Wolves have lost their last nine league meetings against Liverpool (L9).
- Liverpool have won each of their last five league visits to Molineux, in which they netted 11 goals and conceded once.
- Wolves have conceded first in each of their last five league meetings against Liverpool.
- After two consecutive goalless draws, Wolves are looking to avoid a third straight draw by same result for the first time since October-November 2019 when they were held to three 1-1 draws in a row.
- Diogo Jota has scored four goals in Liverpool’s last three league matches.
Wolves were impressive in their midweek draw against Burnley in which they played dominantly on the front foot yet a mixture of poor power on shots and selfish movement on the ball in attack cost them what could of been an easy win.
Liverpool meanwhile were absolutely electric against Everton with superb pressing and attacks which showed in their confident finishing, although defensive focus was slightly disappointing especially between Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joel Matip which prevented a clean sheet.
Now if both teams bring repeats of their midweek quality to this clash with improvements, fans are definitely in for a corker and it could be difficult to predict a winner but Liverpool seem to love Molineux in terms of league games so I am plumping for an away win.
Prediction: Wolves 1-3 Liverpool
Result: Wolves 0-1 Liverpool