Leeds United welcome Crystal Palace to Elland Road as Marcelo Bielsa’s Whites look to continue their push for Premier League survival.
Victory could see Leeds climb as high as 14th in the table, whereas a win would lift Patrick Viera’s Eagles up to seventh for at least 24 hours.
Luke Ayling could return for Leeds after recovering from a lengthy knee injury which has seen him recently play some Under-23s matches as part of his match fitness rebuild programme.
Patrick Bamford (ankle) is also set to return but Robin Koch (groin) remains absent.
Crystal Palace could be without Joachim Andersen after a hamstring injury forced him to miss Saturday’s defeat to Aston Villa.
James McArthur (hamstring) and Nathan Ferguson (Achilles) remain absent.
- Leeds have won three of their last six Premier League matches against Crystal Palace (W4, L2).
- Palace have failed to win any of their last six visits to Leeds in all competitions (L6)..
- Both teams have scored in three of their last four clashes at Elland Road.
- Palace’s Marc Guehi has scored two league goals this season, of which one goal apiece was scored on his right and left foot respectively.
- Coming into this matchweek, no goalkeeper has produced more throw-outs this season than Leeds’ Illan Meslier who played 92 throw-outs in 13 league appearances.
Leeds will be relieved to have escaped Brighton on Saturday with a goalless draw given their poor form at the AMEX Stadium, especially after struggling defensively with Brighton’s intensity yet stubborn defending and great counter-attacking are two positives to take into this match.
Palace meanwhile saw their home record ended on Saturday by Aston Villa because for all of their attacking quality, the final touch was missing whilst defensive errors proved their downfall especially from set pieces which will be a concern for Patrick Viera.
Both teams though do like to play with physicality and aggression when able to impose their preferred style on the game, so I am expecting a tight scrappy contest between these two teams but Palace could end their Elland Road hoodoo if can just tidy up their mistakes.
Prediction: Leeds United 1-2 Crystal Palace
Result: Leeds United 1-0 Crystal Palace