West Bromwich Albion welcome Nottingham Forest to The Hawthorns in Friday Night Football from Sky Bet Championship.
Victory will see West Brom secure third for another matchweek whereas Forest can go ninth with a win until Saturday afternoon.
West Brom have no fresh injury concerns to report following Tuesday’s goalless draw at Blackpool.
Kean Bryan (knee), Rayhaan Tulloch (groin) and Dara O’Shea (ankle) remain ruled out.
Forest will be without Jack Colback after his red card in Tuesday’s goalless draw at home to Luton.
Max Lowe (groin), Loic Mbe Soh (thigh) and Jordi Osei-Tutu (hamstring) are absent.
- West Brom have lost just one of their last six meetings against Nottingham Forest (W2, D3, L1).
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in four of their last six visit to The Hawthorns (W2, D2, L2).
- Two of West Brom’s last five goals at home were scored by Karlan Grant.
- Forest have scored first in two of their last five away matches and proceeded to claim four points in total from both matches (W1, D1).
- Nottingham Forest have lost their only previous match this season refereed by Gavin Ward – losing 2-1 to Blackburn in August 2021.
West Brom definitely have hit a rut of inconsistency because it is difficult to predict how the Baggies will perform from match to match at present, whilst just three shots on target from 25 shots at Blackpool in midweek is worrying regarding their confidence levels and promotion chances.
Nottingham Forest in contrast are constantly improving with one defeat in 11 games under Steve Cooper and delivered a stubborn defensive display to hold Luton on Tuesday evening, although no shots on target will be of slight worry but their defence can come here confident of a result.
This game therefore feels like one which could be a dull 90 matches if West Brom go on the attack and Forest sit deep, so a draw wouldn’t be a surprise if the Baggies fail to score.
Prediction: WBA 0-0 Nottingham Forest
Result: WBA 0-0 Nottingham Forest