Manchester City welcome PSG to Etihad Stadium in a huge Group A clash in 2021-22 UEFA Champions League.
Victory would see Man City advance as Group A winners with one match left of this stage of the competition, whereas a win would put PSG top and the group winner reward in their own hands heading into the final round of matches.
Jack Grealish again is a doubt for Man City after missing their Premier League win over Everton with a knock suffered on international duty for England.
Kevin De Bruyne (Coronavirus), Ferran Torres (foot), Liam Delap (ankle) and Benjamin Mendy (personal) are still ruled out.
PSG have no fresh injury concerns to report as Gianluigi Donnarumma looks to return after illness forced the Italian goalkeeper to miss Saturday’s 3-1 win over Nantes in Ligue 1.
Rafinha (hip), Julian Draxler and Alexandre Letellier (both muscle) are ruled out.
- Man City have lost just one of their five previous Champions League meetings against PSG (W3, D1, L1).
- PSG are winless in three previous visits to Man City in all competitions (D1, L2).
- Gabriel Jesus and Riyad Mahrez have both scored in City’s two home matches in Group A this season (W2).
- PSG’s three away goals in Group A this season have all been scored by midfielders with Ander Herrera (1) and Georgino Wijnaldum (2) both finding the net.
- Man City have won two of three Champions League matches refereed by Daniele Orsato (W2, L1).
Man City might be without De Bruyne again but they didn’t show any effects of his absence in Sunday’s dominant win against Everton, yet there is just one slight issue because they did struggle to finish chances aerially via headers which could well be the crucial difference in this game.
PSG meanwhile recorded a comfortable Ligue 1 win over Nantes on Saturday but have struggled in their two Champions League away matches, in which they have been held to draws so Mauricio Pochettino will certainly be eager for his team to correct their European away niggles here.
Both teams though won’t make this an easy match for one another but Lionel Messi has a knack of scoring against City given that he has scored seven goals already against the Citizens, yet I fancy the hosts for victory if they continue to play clinically and can improve their heading.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-1 PSG
Result: Manchester City 2-1 PSG