PSG welcome Manchester City to Parc des Princes in a top of Group A clash in 2021-22 UEFA Champions League Group Stage.
Victory could send PSG top of Group A whereas Man City will stay top of the group with a win and could potentially extend their lead by as much as four points if Club Brugge fail to beat RB Leipzig,
Lionel Messi is set to return for PSG after recovering from a knee injury which kept the Argentinean forward out of their 2-1 Ligue 1 win over Metz at the weekend.
Marco Verratti (knee) is also considered a doubt but Ismael Gharbi (groin), Layvin Kurzawa, Sergio Ramos (both calf) and Juan Bernat (knee) are ruled out.
Man City could welcome Oleksandr Zinchenko and Ilkay Gundogan back after the pair missed City’s last two matches with knocks.
Benjamin Mendy remains absent for personal reasons.
- PSG are winless in four previous Champions League meetings against Man City (D1, L3).
- Man City are unbeaten in two previous Champions League trips to PSG (W1, D1).
- City scored twice in both previous away visits to PSG with Kevin De Bruyne netting once in both matches.
- PSG haven’t lost three consecutive home matches in European competitions this century.
- Riyad Mahrez has scored four of City’s last six Champions League goals.
Having found themselves held to a surprise draw at Club Brugge in their first group match, PSG really do need to raise their game if they’re to match City and the fact that they have kept just three clean sheets in ten matches across all competitions will surely be a worry.
City meanwhile looked to have found their best foot in recent weeks because they were simply dominant and in control at Chelsea on Saturday, although they will certainly need to be clinical despite having won their last two away matches by 1-0 results.
On that note, this match feels like it could well boil down to whoever is better at executing their chances in terms of finishing and given City’s form at PSG, I fancy them to find another gear here.
Prediction: PSG 1-2 Manchester City
Result: PSG 2-0 Manchester City