Porto welcome Liverpool to Estadio do Dragao in their second Group B clash of 2021-22 UEFA Champions League Group Stage.
Victory would send Porto top of Group B if Atletico Madrid fail to beat AC Milan elsewhere, whereas Liverpool will stay top of the group with a win.
Porto have no fresh injury concerns to report but Chancel Mbemba is suspended after being sent off at Atletico Madrid a fortnight ago.
Liverpool will have Naby Keita and Neco Williams both back in contention after making recoveries from a respective knock and foot injury.
Harvey Elliott (ankle) and Thiago Alcantara (calf) remain ruled out.
- Porto are winless in six previous Champions League meetings against Liverpool (D2, L4).
- Liverpool are unbeaten in three previous Champions League trips to Porto (W2, D1).
- Roberto Firmino has scored three goals in three of Liverpool’s last four clashes against Porto.
- Moussa Marega has scored once in each of Porto’s last two home Champions League matches played at Estadio do Dragao (W2).
- Mohamed Salah has scored once in each of Liverpool’s last four away Champions League matches.
Having grabbed a point in a scrappy goalless draw at Atletico a fortnight ago, Porto now face a tough test because they will likely be doing more shooting from outside of the box, although they were excellent defensively so could make life difficult for Liverpool if opt for defensive tactics.
Liverpool though will be looking to improve on Saturday’s performance at Brentford because although they were excellent on the attack, their defence was frankly a mess with struggles in clearing low and aerial cross across the face of goal.
I however feel like this is Liverpool’s to lose but if Porto can get their tactics spot on and execute any chances that fall their way, it isn’t impossible to rule out a shock but I fancy Jurgen Klopp’s Reds to claim a routine win.
Prediction: Porto 0-2 Liverpool
Result: Porto 1-5 Liverpool