Arsenal welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Emirates Stadium in a blockbuster North London derby in this weekend’s concluding Super Sunday match.
Victory will lift Arsenal as high as tenth, whereas Tottenham can climb to seventh with a win.
Arsenal have no fresh injury concerns to report as Kieran Tierney is available for selection, despite suffering cramp during their win at Burnley last weekend.
Tottenham will welcome Lucas Moura back a knock kept the Brazilian out of their last two matches.
Steven Bergwijn (ankle) and Ryan Sessegnon (knock) remain absent.
- Arsenal have won just one of their last five North London derbies against Tottenham (W1, D2, L2).
- Tottenham are winless in their last ten league trips to Arsenal (D4, L6), with three of those four draws finishing 1-1 except for a 2-2 draw in September 2019.
- Alexandre Lacazette has scored once in each of his three league appearances for Arsenal at home to Tottenham (W2, D1).
- Albert Sambi Lokonga has played more through balls than any other Arsenal player this season, creating four through balls in four league appearances.
- No English defender has made more clearances this season than Tottenham’s Eric Dier, who has made 27 clearances in five league appearances.
Having bounced back from a disastrous August with two narrow one goal victories in their last two league matches, Arsenal now need to show more aggression in their finishing because one goal probably won’t be enough here with their occasional dodgy defending which is a common theme in their play.
Tottenham meanwhile need to produce a strong performance after conceding six goals without reply in their last two league matches, although they did blow a two goal lead on Wednesday at Wolves in the Carabao Cup which shows how badly their defending has regressed since the international break.
On that note, I feel like we are in for a tough battle between two underperforming teams so a score draw would be my best bet otherwise this could come down to whoever defends better and Arsenal just has the edge at the minute.
Prediction: Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham
Result: Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham