Stoke City welcome Huddersfield Town to BET365 Stadium as two teams vying for promotion look to continue their title challenges.
Should QPR fail to win away at Reading, whoever wins this match between Stoke and Huddersfield can go third, although second isn’t impossible in the event that West Brom suffer a heavy loss at home to Millwall.
Second-choice goalkeeper, Adam Davies is a doubt for Stoke after Coronavirus kept him out of Wales’ international fixtures.
Nick Powell (thigh) and Tyrese Campbell (knee) are still ruled out alongside new Deadline Day loan signing, Abdallah Sima who is awaiting visa approval.
Huddersfield could be without Danny Ward due to a hip injury which has affected him in training this week.
Aaron Rowe (foot), Pipa (groin) and Jordan Rhodes (back) are ruled out.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last six league matches against Huddersfield (W3, D2, L1), with both draws finishing 1-1 in December 2017 and January 2021 respectively.
- Huddersfield have won two of their last five league visits to Stoke (W2, D1, L2).
- Three of Stoke’s eight home goals in all competitions this season have been scored by Sam Surridge.
- Oliver Turton picked up bookings in both of Huddersfield’s two away league matches last month.
- Stoke won their only previous match refereed by Joshua Smith this season, winning 3-1 away at Swansea last month.
Stoke will be hugely disappointed to come into this match off the back of a disappointing away loss at Fulham two weeks ago, although Craven Cottage was the Potter’s bogey ground so I do expect to see them come out with a stronger performance especially after last month’s positive results at home.
Huddersfield however are no pushovers and have won three on the trot including a comfortable ruthless thrashing of Reading last time out with a mixture of dominant attacking and counter-attacking, so I do expect them to be prepared for whatever Stoke try to throw their way tactics wise.
My gut instinct on that note says a score draw but the first goal and subsequent reactions from both teams will be crucial.
Prediction: Stoke City 1-1 Huddersfield Town
Result: Stoke City 2-1 Huddersfield Town