Rotherham face a huge test of their survival credentials as they visit Luton Town at Kenilworth Road in their final catch-up game ahead of the final day of 2020-21 Sky Bet Championship season.
Victory would see Luton climb to 11th whereas Rotherham can climb out of the relegation zone on goal difference with a win, in turn putting Paul Warne’s Millers in control of their own destiny on the final day.
Luton have no fresh injury concerns to report after Saturday’s 1-1 home draw against Middlesbrough, as Tom Lockyer (ankle) and Eunan O’Kane (leg) remain absent.
Rotherham will have Matt Crooks back in contention after he served his suspension in Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Blackburn.
Goalkeeper, Viktor Johansson remains sidelined with an eye injury.
- Luton have won just one of their last five league meetings against Rotherham (W1, D1, L3).
- Rotherham have won just two of their last six league trips to Luton (W2, L6).
- Two of James Collins’ ten league goals for Luton this season have come from the penalty spot.
- Rotherham have kept two clean sheets in their last five away trips (W2, D1, L2).
- Luton are unbeaten in two home games this season refereed by Dean Whitestone (W1, D1).
Luton come into this game unbeaten in their last five and have a decent shot at a top ten finish if they can get the win, which is something that nobody is expecting so I am expecting them to come out and really try to consolidate their progress.
Rotherham however know that a win will put survival in their own hands on the final day but they have to be clinical and keep their defensive composure, otherwise a draw would leave them with it all to do in a tricky final day trip to Cardiff.
On that note, I think the first goal will be key because if Rotherham can get ahead then they should see it out, otherwise I think Luton’s improved quality will be enough but a draw would be a reasonable result if the visitors are at their best.
Something in me though feels like Rotherham will find the win just to set up a complex final day relegation showdown involving them, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday.
Prediction: Luton 0-1 Rotherham
Result: Luton 0-0 Rotherham