Brighton & Hove Albion welcome Crystal Palace to the Amex Stadium as both teams look to boost their survival hopes in Monday Night Football.
Victory could see Brighton leapfrog Palace into 14th on goal difference, whereas Roy Hodgson’s Eagles can move above Southampton into 13th with a win.
Alireza Jahanbakhsh is set to return for Brighton after missing their last eight matches with an ankle injury.
Tariq Lamptey (hamstring) and Adam Webster (ankle) are set to miss this match but could return next weekend, whilst Florian Andone and Solly March are ruled out with knee injuries.
Palace could welcome James McCarthy back from a knock that has kept the midfielder sidelined in recent weeks.
James McArthur, Wilfried Zaha (both muscle), Jeffrey Schlupp (hamstring), Wayne Hennessey, Mamadou Sakho, Nathan Ferguson, Connor Wickham (all thigh) and James Tomkins (eye) however are all still absent.
- Brighton have lost just one of their last five meetings against Crystal Palace (W2, D2, L1).
- Crystal Palace have won two of their last five trips to Brighton in all competitions (W2, D1, L2).
- Brighton have had two players sent off in seven previous Premier League clash against Palace.
- Graham Potter’s Seagulls have conceded in just one of their last six league games (W3, D3).
- Roy Hodgson’s Eagles have failed to score in four of their last five league games (W1, D1, L3).
Brighton come into this match in strong form with just one goal conceded in their last six league games, even though they were stubbornly denied a win last weekend by a firm Aston Villa defence despite dominating that match.
Palace meanwhile just seem to lose passion when Wilfried Zaha is ruled out because they were defensively awful in their defeat to Burnley last time out, so Roy Hodgson will certainly be demanding a better performance in this M23 derby.
I however can’t see that improvement coming in attack for Palace though because Brighton are genuinely producing some of their best Premier League football yet, but they should get a point if can defensively improve otherwise I can see a home win coming.
Prediction: Brighton 1-0 Crystal Palace
Result: Brighton 1-2 Crystal Palace