Arsenal welcome Manchester City to the Emirates Stadium in a tasty Premier League clash in the third match of this weekend’s Super Sunday quadruple header.
Should Aston Villa and Tottenham avoid defeat earlier on Sunday, Arsenal will stay tenth even with victory.
Man City meanwhile could move 13 points clear of Manchester United and Leicester with a win, although Brendan Rogers’ Foxes can cut their deficit to nine points in Sunday’s mid-afternoon match ahead of the Citizens’ game.
Thomas Partey is Arsenal’s only doubt after missing their last two matches with a muscle injury.
Man City have no fresh injury concerns as Kevin De Bruyne made a substitute appearance in Wednesday’s 3-1 away win at Everton, having missed recent weeks with a hamstring injury.
Ilkay Gundogan (groin) could return after sitting out the midweek game, but Nathan Ake is still ruled out with a muscle injury.
- Arsenal are winless in their last ten league meetings against Manchester City (D2, L8).
- Man City are unbeaten in their last four league trips to the Emirates Stadium (W3, D1).
- Arsenal have scored just one goal and conceded 15 goals in their last six league clashes against City.
- Phil Foden has scored in four of City’s seven away matches in 2021.
- Mikel Arteta’s Gunners has scored at least three goals in three of their last four home league games, clinching victory on all three occasions.
Arsenal were absolutely brilliant in last Sunday’s league game against Leeds but were definitely made to fight in Thursday’s Europa League draw against Benfica, which is likely to give Arteta serious thoughts as he might be wise to write this game off and focus on resting his players ready for Thursday’s return leg.
Man City meanwhile are on the rampage at the minute because they just look unbeatable in all areas at present, although Everton did a great job in midweek of making City work for the win with a strong defensive display.
Arteta’s Gunners however have found confidence at home lately but I feel like they need to focus on the Europa League if want to qualify for Europe next season, even if it means basically losing this game as their top six chances looks unlikely if teams above them don’t drop form.
Prediction: Arsenal 1-3 Manchester City
Result: Arsenal 0-1 Manchester City