Tottenham Hotspur take on Fulham in a rearranged huge London derby at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Tottenham can go third with a win, whilst victory could lift Fulham out of the relegation zone at Brighton’s expense on goal difference if the Seagulls lose at Man City earlier on Wednesday evening, although the Cottagers would need to win by four or more goals.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg could be in contention for Tottenham after missing Sunday’s FA Cup victory at Marine with a shin injury.
Erik Lamela (unspecified) could also feature but Giovani Lo Celso remains absent with a thigh injury.
Fulham have no fresh injury concerns to report with Scott Parker having a full squad available for selection, as he prepares to rotate his squad after Saturday’s FA Cup win at QPR in extra time.
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last five league meetings against Fulham (W4, L1).
- Fulham are visiting the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the first time, although they have won one of their last five away trips to Spurs (W1, L4).
- Spurs are yet to be awarded a penalty against Fulham after 28 previous Premier League meetings, with the Cottagers scoring one of their two spot-kicks.
- No Fulham player has committed more fouls than Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, who has made 22 fouls in 15 appearances this season.
- Tottenham’s Tanguy Ndombele has played three through balls which is the highest out of not only Spurs players but French players in Premier League as well.
After keeping three clean sheets in their first three games of 2021 and scoring ten goals in three different competitions, Tottenham seem to have rediscovered their autumn form and will have Harry Kane plus Son Heung-min fresh after resting the pair on Sunday.
Fulham meanwhile lacked attacking intent in their last league game despite delivering a brilliant defensive display, yet they struggled to see off QPR in the FA Cup on Saturday without two moments of pure magic.
This therefore could well be a tough game for the Cottagers because they might well have to do most of the defending, although Spurs seem to like not playing with much possession so this could get cagey but I can see Spurs getting a routine win if they are at their best.
Prediction: Tottenham 2-0 Fulham
Result: Tottenham 1-1 Fulham