Fulham welcome Brighton to Craven Cottage in a blockbuster midweek relegation six-pointer clash in the Premier League, exclusively live on Amazon Prime.
At least one point would life Fulham out of the relegation zone whilst victory would see them climb above Brighton into 16th, whereas the Seagulls could move above Arsenal with a win into 15th position if the Gunners lose at home to Southampton.
Aleksandar Mitrovic could return for Fulham after sitting out Sunday’s draw against Liverpool with a knock to his ankle.
Kenny Tete (fitness) and Terence Kongolo (foot) are still sidelined with no set return dates.
Brighton could welcome Adam Lallana back from a groin injury which sidelined the midfielder in recent weeks.
Tariq Lamptey (hamstring) and Adam Webster (groin) missed Sunday’s defeat at Leicester but could both return for this match, as Florian Andone and Jose Izquierdo (both knee) remain absent.
- Fulham are unbeaten in two previous Premier League meetings against Brighton (W1, D1).
- Brighton are unbeaten in three of their last five visits to Fulham (W3, L2).
- Fulham have conceded at least twice in all of their last seven meetings against Brighton.
- No Brighton player has made more clearances this season than Lewis Dunk who has cleared the ball on 38 occasions, of which 23 clearances were made via headers.
- Aboubakar Kamara is the most used substitute out of the entire Fulham squad, having made five appearances from the bench this season.
Fulham can come into this clash with fresh confidence after a strong performance against Liverpool in which they were dominant but wasted several chances, which cannot be repeated here if they’re to boost their survival hopes with Alphonse Areola currently impressing in goal and could well be the difference here in terms of result.
Brighton meanwhile made a great start at Leicester but lacked finishing touch but small defensive errors in terms of spacing and man marking ultimately cost them on three occasions, so will definitely be looking to improve here defensively whilst finding that polished touch at the other end.
This therefore could go either way with both teams cancelling each other out or prove to be a goal fest but Fulham have really shown strong progress in recent games, so I am going for a score draw here because the Cottagers’ attack could well be neutered by a strong Seagulls team with potential once they click.
Prediction: Fulham 1-1 Brighton
Result: Fulham 0-0 Brighton