Rotherham United welcome Brentford to the New York Stadium in Tuesday’s big Sky Bet Championship clash.
Victory could put Rotherham as high as 17th depending on a combination of victory margin and Preston plus one of Birmingham or Barnsley in their clash losing, whilst Brentford could climb as third with a win and Bristol City failing to beat QPR.
Rotherham have no fresh injury concerns to report from Saturday’s draw against Bournemouth as Kieran Sadlier (ankle), Shaun MacDonald (leg), Clark Robertson (foot) and Chiedozie Ogbene (knee) remain ruled out.
Brentford remain without Christian Norgaard (ankle), Mads Roerlsav (foot) and Shandon Baptiste (knee) for the foreseeable future as Thomas Frank looks to rotate his squad.
- Rotherham have won just two of their last eight meetings against Brentford (W2, L6).
- Brentford are unbeaten in four of their last seven trips to Rotherham (W3, D1, L3).
- There hasn’t been a draw in any of last ten meetings between Rotherham and Brentford.
- Rotherham have taken eight points out of a possible 21 points from seven home games this season.
- Eight of Ivan Toney’s 12 league goals for Brentford this season has come in the first half.
Consistency seems to be Rotherham’s main issue because they absolutely give every match their all but various mistakes have prevented them from snatching points in recent matches, but a much tighter performance will be required here to stop Brentford,
Brentford enter this match unbeaten in their last seven which is a strong sign that they are serious about another promotion tilt after a shaky start to the campaign in which they lost Ollie Watkins and Said Benrahma to Premier League clubs, with Ivan Toney in particularly proving difficult to stop in the first-half.
Recent meetings though have seen the Bees dominate with 13 goals in their last three clashes but with Frank often rotating his midfield at present given the brutal fixture load on all teams at present, I can see a closer result here but Brentford have that quality to find winners if not settling for a point which will ultimately be the difference.
Prediction: Rotherham 1-2 Brentford
Result: Rotherham 0-2 Brentford