Leeds United welcome Arsenal to Elland Road in a huge Super Sunday clash in the Premier League.
Victory could see Leeds climb into the top ten whilst Arsenal could go seventh with a win if Everton fail to win at Fulham on Sunday lunchtime.
Rodrigo is set to return for Leeds after missing their last two matches as he self-isolated after a positive Coronavirus test.
Kalvin Phillips (shoulder) is also expected to return but Diego Llorente (groin), Pablo Hernandez and Jamie Shackleton (both muscle) aren’t expected to return until next weekend.
Gaetano Berardi (knee) and Adam Forshaw (hip) remain absent.
Arsenal could welcome Reiss Nelson back from a knee injury which saw him miss their defeat to Aston Villa last time out.
Sead Kolasinac and Mohamed Elneny miss out after testing positive for Coronavirus whilst on international duty.
Thomas Partey is sidelined with a thigh injury but could return within the next few weeks alongside Pablo Mari (ankle), whilst Calum Chambers and Gabriel Martinelli (both knee) are sidelined indefinitely
- Leeds have avoided defeat in just one of their last seven meetings against Arsenal in all competitions (D1, L6).
- Arsenal are unbeaten in six of their last seven trips to Elland Road (W5, D1, L1).
- Neither Leeds nor Arsenal have been awarded a penalty in any of 24 previous Premier League meetings.
- No Leeds player has made more assists this season than Mateusz Klich, with the Polish international producing three assists in eight league appearances this season.
- Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette has produced two left-footed league league goals in seven appearances this season compared to just one such goal in entirety of last campaign.
After a decent start to this season, Leeds seem to have lost their way with some atrocious defending in their last two matches despite still showing decent attacking intent, which is a worry because this team should be doing better results wise than they’re doing.
Arsenal meanwhile can’t exactly boast of their better quality because their own defending last time out was pretty much shambolic, even though their attacking quality was decent like Leeds but without the clinical finishing.
Leeds though will hopefully have Phillips and Rodrigo back which should help alleviate some of their defensive difficulties if can get on the front foot early and dictate, although Arsenal should have the edge if they can find their clinical touch and improve at the back.
Prediction: Leeds 1-2 Arsenal
Result: Leeds 0-0 Arsenal