Ludogorets Razgrad welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Huvepharma Arena in Group J of 2020-21 Europa League.
Victory for Ludogorets could see them go as high as second whilst Tottenham could go top depending on result of Royal Antwerp’s clash against LASK, although defeat coupled with a draw in Belgium could see Spurs slip to bottom of the group.
Ludogorets have no fresh injury concerns to report with a full squad available for selection.
Tottenham have a near full squad available with Japhet Tanganga the only player sidelined as he continues to recover from a thigh injury.
- This is Ludogorets’ first-ever meeting against Tottenham across all competitions.
- Ludogorets are winless after two previous home matches against English opposition in Europe (D1, L1).
- Tottenham have won their only previous trip to Bulgaria in European competitions, coming from behind to defeat Lokomotiv Plovdiv 2-1 in Second Qualifying Round of this season’s tournament.
- Ludogorets have avoided defeat in just one of their last five home matches in all UEFA competitions (D1, L4).
- Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last six European away matches across all competitions.
Ludogorets definitely need a positive result here to not only break their home European hoodoo but ignite their knockout qualification hopes, so a clinical display will be key with considerably improved defending after two disappointing displays so far.
Tottenham meanwhile were simply outplayed in Antwerp but bounced back on Sunday with a clinical performance in Sunday’s win over Brighton, despite finding themselves under serious pressure defensively with Hugo Lloris on top form with superb saves.
Spurs now need to take Sunday’s performance into this match because if they turn up with typical attacking intent then they should have enough to win here and do serious damage to Ludogorets’ chances of escaping this group.
Prediction: Ludogorets Razgrad 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Result: Ludogorets Razgrad 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur