Tottenham Hotspur welcome West Ham United to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a blockbuster Super Sunday showdown in the capital.
Victory for Spurs will send them second whilst West Ham can leapfrog their cross-London host and go fourth with a win.
Gareth Bale could be set for his first Tottenham appearance since rejoining the club last month after recovering from a knee injury.
Giovani Lo Celso is also in line to return from a muscle injury whilst Eric Dier has returned from international duty with a hamstring issue and is doubtful alongside Japhet Tanganga, after the latter withdrew from the U21s squad with a muscle injury.
West Ham could welcome Issa Diop back after the defender missed their last three matches in all competitions following a positive Coronavirus test which forced him to self-isolate.
Ryan Fredericks and Arthur Masuaku are also expected to return after recovering from respective hamstring and knee injuries, as Said Benrahma prepares to potentially make his Hammers debut.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in four of last five league meetings against West Ham (W3, D1, L1).
- West Ham have won just one of last six league trips to Tottenham (W1, D2, L3), although both teams have won one match each at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- Both teams have scored two penalties apiece in 48 previous Premier League meetings although Spurs have missed two of their four spot-kicks, whereas West Ham have missed just one of three penalty kicks.
- Harry Kane scored for Tottenham in both meetings against West Ham last season, with both goals coming after half-time.
- West Ham’s Michail Antonio has scored two goals in his last three appearances against Spurs.
Tottenham were brilliant against Manchester United just before the international break because even though they fell behind early on, they just kept putting Utd under pressure and ultimately maximised their opportunities from defensive mistakes.
West Ham meanwhile produced an excellent pressing display against an unusually sloppy Leicester to cinch victory in a performance which demonstrates just how good West Ham can be when they get everything right tactically,
Spurs however haven’t exactly shone brightly at home this season so if West Ham turn up and deliver a tough defensive display with hard pressing, I think they might be able to get something here otherwise Spurs should have enough for a dominant win.
Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 West Ham
Result: Tottenham Hotspur 3-3 West Ham