Following an excellent first leg performance, Fulham return to Craven Cottage with a two goal over Cardiff City in their Championship Play-Off semi-final.
Having lost the first leg by two goals, Cardiff have to simply go out there fighting for the win because two goals could take this tie to extra time and possibly penalties, whereas three goals would see the Bluebirds complete a dramatic comeback.
Fulham meanwhile know that a place in the Play-Off Final against Brentford is in their own hands and one conceded goal without scoring would be enough, although two or more conceded goals could hand Cardiff a lifeline.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Aleksandar Mitrovic could return for Fulham after missing the first leg with a hamstring injury, although the Championship’s top scorer is likely to face a late fitness test.
Ivan Cavaleiro is also a doubt with his own hamstring injury whilst Harry Arter is unlikely to feature after suffering an unspecified injury in training between these two legs.
Cardiff have no fresh injury concerns to report as Greg Cunningham (knee) and Isaac Vassell (quad) remain long-term absentees.
- Fulham are unbeaten in three of their four previous home play-off ties (W1, D2, L1)
- Cardiff are winless in their last six trips to Craven Cottage in all competitions (D3, L3).
- Fulham have played at home in second leg of two previous play-offs and progressed to the final on just one occasion (W1, L1).
- Joshua Onomah has scored once in each of his last two Fulham appearances against Cardiff.
- There has been just one red card in last eight league meetings, of which Fulham’s Harry Arter was red carded at Cardiff in August 2019.
With or without Mitrovic, Fulham do seem to have found form because although Cardiff dominated, it was the Cottagers who were the more clinical with their chances.
I therefore am expecting more of the same if Mitrovic isn’t in the starting line-up because all the pressure is on Cardiff to score twice, yet if Fulham defend as solidly as they did in the first leg then I can just see one clear result.
Prediction: Fulham 2-0 Cardiff
Result: Fulham 1-2 Cardiff City (Fulham win 3-2 on AGGREGATE!!!)