Leicester City face a tough test of their top four credentials as they welcome Sheffield United to King Power Stadium.
Leicester will retain fourth with a win whilst Sheffield Utd can climb to sixth with victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Caglar Soyuncu is absent for Leicester after being red-carded during their 4-1 defeat at Bournemouth on Sunday.
Marc Albrighton (knock), Ben Chilwell (foot) and James Maddison (hip) could feature if pass fitness tests, but Daniel Amartey (ankle) and Ricardo Pereira (knee) are sidelined.
Sheffield Utd could have John Fleck and Chris Basham available after recovering from respective unspecified and head injuries.
Leon Clarke and Luke Freeman remain out with unspecified injuries.
- Leicester are unbeaten in their last eight meetings against Sheffield United in all competitions (W5, D3).
- Sheffield Utd have won just one of their last seven trips to Leicester in all competitions (W1, D2, L4).
- Leicester have taken the lead in each of their last three clashes against the Blades in all competitions.
- No Sheffield Utd player has hit the woodwork more than once this season, with John Lundstram, Lys Mousset and Billy Sharp all once hitting the woodwork each.
- Leicester’s Harvey Barnes has produced eight assists so far this season, quadruple the two assists that he made in entirety of last season.
Leicester have to come out and produce arguably their best performance of the season to give themselves confidence heading into their tough final two games, especially after their four goal humiliation at Bournemouth despite initially leading.
Sheffield Utd meanwhile simply outplayed Chelsea so will be relishing this clash because victory will put them right back in the mix for at least fifth if not fourth, although they are going to have to be wary of an angry Leicester side looking to end their rut.
This therefore should be a cracker but if the Foxes defend like they did on Sunday, I can’t see them getting anything against the resurgent Blades.
Prediction: Leicester City 1-2 Sheffield United
Result: Leicester City 2-0 Sheffield United