Arsenal look to bounce back from defeat in the North London derby as they welcome Liverpool to the Emirates Stadium.
Victory could see then Gunners climb to eighth depending on results earlier in evening, whereas Liverpool have to simply clinch a win to keep their record points tally dream alive.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Arsenal have no fresh injury concerns but Eddie Nketiah is serving the second of a three match ban.
Calum Chambers, Bernd Leno, Gabriel Martinelli (all knee), Pablo Mari (ankle) and Matteo Guendouzi (disciplinary) remain absent, although Mesut Ozil could return from a back injury if proves his fitness.
Liverpool have no fresh injury concerns to report as James Milner remains absent with a muscle injury.
Joel Matip (foot) and Jordan Henderson (knee) are ruled out until next season.
- Arsenal are winless in their last ten meetings against Liverpool in all competitions, including penalty shootouts. (D3, L7)
- Liverpool have won just one of their last five league trips to Arsenal (W1, D3, L1).
- Three of last four meetings at the Emirates Stadium have ended in draws, with exception of a 4-3 Liverpool win in August 2016.
- Arsenal’s Lucas Torreira has scored once in each of two previous meetings against Liverpool this season in all competitions, although both goals came away at Anfield.
- Both teams have had six players red-carded in 55 previous Premier League meetings.
Liverpool lacked their usual spark against Burnley on Saturday with Jordan Henderson out injured, which demonstrates that there is work to be done in midfield in order to maintain that consistency irrespective of any injuries.
Arsenal meanwhile continue to be great when on the attack but defence continues to be a disappointment, especially given the manner in which they conceded both goals at Tottenham through poor man marking.
That aspect has to improve here otherwise Arsenal are going to need to win the FA Cup, just to salvage some dignity from this mess of a season as Europe will likely be out of their reach after this match depending on results elsewhere.
I therefore am expecting a good game between two attack minded teams but Arsenal’s defending could cost them here.
Prediction: Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool