Watford welcome Norwich City to Vicarage Road in a blockbuster relegation showdown, as both teams look to boost their chances of survival.
A win for Watford could move them four points clear of relegation whilst Norwich can move to within four points of safety with victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Watford have no fresh injury concerns to report as Isaac Success (Achilles), Gerard Deulofeu and Daryl Janmaat (both knee) remain ruled out.
Norwich will hand Kenny McLean and Alexander Tettey late fitness tests after the pair suffered respective ankle and knee issues in Saturday’s loss to Brighton.
Todd Cantwell however misses out with a hamstring injury, joining Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmer and Sam Byram on sidelines with similar injuries, whilst Moritz Leitner (hernia) remains out.
- Watford are unbeaten in two of three previous Premier League meetings against Norwich (W2, L1).
- Norwich are unbeaten in three of their last five trips to Vicarage Road in all competitions (W2, D1, L2).
- Norwich have conceded twice in all three previous Premier League clashes against Watford.
- Ben Foster is the only Watford to have played all 2,970 minutes across 33 league games so far this season.
- No Norwich player has won more aerial battles than Kenny McLean, who has won 85 aerial battles in 32 appearances.
This could be a defining game for both teams because if Norwich don’t win this then it surely is just a matter of time before their relegation is confirmed, especially with a huge clash against West Ham coming up on Saturday.
Watford meanwhile were just poor at Chelsea last Saturday as if they knew defeat was inevitable and just accepted it, although they did show promise when going forward which is a positive to push on in this game.
I therefore am expecting to see a decent game between two defensively poor teams, although Watford surely must view this as a must-win match after a lacklustre effort at Chelsea and I think they will get the win if are clinical enough.
Prediction: Watford 1-0 Norwich
Result: Watford 2-1 Norwich