Tottenham Hotspur face a huge test of their top seven credentials as they welcome Everton to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in Monday Night Football.
A win for Spurs can send them eighth whilst Everton can leapfrog their opponents into the top ten and go ninth with victory to ignite their own top seven hopes.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Dele Alli is a doubt for Tottenham after suffering a thigh issue in training on Friday, with no further specific details available at time of writing.
Troy Parrott meanwhile is expected to be available after missing Spurs’ last three matches due to appendix surgery.
Juan Foyth (knee) and Japhet Tanganga (back) remain ruled out.
Everton could be without Richarlison after the Brazilian suffered a knock during Wednesday’s win over Leicester.
Djibril Sidibe (foot) however is expected to be available as Theo Walcott (abdominal) remains absent, although the England international is set to return on Thursday against Southampton.
Fabian Delph (muscle), Jean-Phillipe Gbamin (Achilles) and Cenk Tosun (knee) are sidelined.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 14 meetings against Everton (W7, D7).
- Everton are winless in their last 11 trips to Tottenham in all competitions (D4, L7).
- Spurs have scored first in four of their last five clashes against the Toffees.
- Jordan Pickford is the only Everton player to have played all 2,880 minutes of every league game so far this season.
- No Tottenham player has won more aerial battles than Harry Kane this season, winning 63 aerial battles in 23 appearances.
Tottenham will be glad to have gotten Sheffield Utd out of the way after nine days without a game, which clearly left them fairly rusty so expect to see a more typical Spurs performance here.
Everton on the other hand are a work in progress so have little to lose in going for it here, especially given their poor recent record against Tottenham which makes me think that we are in for an attacking game.
Tottenham however need a win more than Everton to boost their top seven hopes, so I am going for a tight home win if can build on the positives of Thursday’s loss.
Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Everton
Result: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Everton