Chelsea welcome Manchester City to Stamford Bridge in a blockbuster Thursday Night Football clash.
A home win would move Chelsea to within a point of third-placed Leicester, whilst Man City know that only victory will realistically keep their fading title dreams alive.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Callum Hudson-Odoi is a doubt for Chelsea as he battles an ankle injury which forced him to miss Sunday’s comeback win at Aston Villa.
Fikayo Tomori however is ruled out with a muscular injury which also kept him out of the trip to Villa Park last weekend.
Man City will be without Sergio Aguero after the Argentinean injured his knee during Monday’s win over Burnley.
Phil Foden (dead leg) is expected to recover in time to feature alongside John Stones, who is set to return from an ankle injury.
Claudio Bravo (hamstring) and Eric Garcia (concussion) are unlikely to feature here, although both could be available for Sunday’s FA Cup Quarter-Final tie at Newcastle.
- Chelsea have won just one of last seven meetings in all competitions against Manchester City (W1, L6).
- Man City have won four of their last five Premier League clashes against Chelsea (W4, L1).
- Chelsea have scored only three of six Premier League penalties against Man City, whereas the Citizens have scored all four of their penalties.
- Out of Man City’s eight headed league goals this season, four of those goals came from Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus who both scored two headed goals each.
- N’Golo Kante is the only Chelsea player to have made errors which led to conceded goals this season, doing so on two occasions.
Chelsea produced a strong performance to come from behind to defeat Villa but they will have to be at their absolute best here, simply because Man City just look unstoppable with eight goals and none conceded in two games since returning from lockdown.
Getting that first goal therefore will be crucial for Chelsea otherwise I can see City just sussing them out, before eventually turning the screws to ease to another comfortable win.
Prediction: Chelsea 0-2 Manchester City
Result: Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City