Finland host Northern Ireland at Helsinki Olympic Stadium in Group H of UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifying.
Victory could see Finland move up to third in Group H if Kazahstan lose elsewhere, whilst Northern Ireland will stay fifth regardless of their result.
Finland have a full squad available for selection with Lukas Hradecky and Teemu Pukki amongst those called up to the squad.
Northern Ireland will be without defender and captain, Jonny Evans after he suffered a thigh injury during Manchester United’s Champions League loss at Copenhagen.
Bailey Peacock-Farrell (knee), Paddy Lane and Brad Lyons (both calf) are also ruled out, with Michael Forbes, Terry Devlin and Caolan Boyd-Munce called up to add extra cover.
When is Kick-Off?
Finland host Northern Ireland in a 6pm CET (5pm UK Time) kick-off at Helsinki Olympic Stadium on Friday 17 November, live on ViaPlay Sport 1 in the UK.
- Finland are unbeaten in three of their five previous UEFA Euro Qualifying meetings against Northern Ireland (W2, D1, L2).
- Northern Ireland are winless in their two previous UEFA Euro Qualifying trips to Finland (D1, L1).
- Finland have scored five goals and conceded two goals at home in their two previous UEFA Euro Qualifying games at home to Northern Ireland.
- Finland are looking to avoid suffering four consecutive defeats for the first time since January-March 2016.
- Northern Ireland have won one of their four previous away trips in this UEFA Euro Qualifying group (W1, L3).
With automatic qualification now impossible but assured of a play-off spot, Finland now can afford to relax a bit and focus to sorting out their defensive issues of recent games, especially if they want to build momentum to take into the play-offs.
Northern Ireland meanwhile have nothing to play for and with the pressure off them, they played well last month, including in a narrow home defeat to Slovenia which will offer them some confidence coming into this game where they will surely look to try and get a rare win.
Finland though are a tough team to beat at home so I do expect this to be close with the Finnish possibly edging the game.
Prediction: Finland 1-0 Northern Ireland
Result: Finland 4-0 Northern Ireland