Premier League title-chasing Manchester City host relegation battling Bournemouth at the Etihad Stadium.
Victory will move Man City top of the table with their nearest title rival, Arsenal not in action until Saturday evening, whilst league leaders – Tottenham are not playing until Monday evening.
Bournemouth can stay out of the relegation zone in 17th position with a win, although a draw or defeat would be enough if Luton or Burnley fail to better their result this weekend.
Manuel Akjanji is set to return for Man City after he was suspended for their dominant victory over local rivals, Manchester United last weekend.
Kevin De Bruyne (hamstring) remains absent.
Bournemouth will be without midfielder, Lewis Cook after he was red carded during their win against Burnley.
Neto (ankle), Darren Randolph (illness), Ryan Fredericks (calf), Tyler Adams (hamstring) and Emiliano Marcondes (foot) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Man City host Bournemouth at Etihad Stadium in a 3:00pm GMT kick-off on Saturday 4 November, untelevised live in the UK.
- Man City are unbeaten in all 12 previous Premier League meetings against Bournemouth (W12).
- Bournemouth have lost all six Premier League trips to Man City (L6).
- Bournemouth’s Jefferson Lerma scored for both teams in their two meetings last season, as he scored an own-goal at Man City then scored at home for the Cherries.
- Erling Haaland has scored five goals in City’s last three league games at home (W3).
- Bournemouth have scored one goal and conceded six goals in their last two away matches (L2).
Having clinically dispatched Man Utd last weekend in a dominant display where they soaked up early pressure in both halves, Man City certainly are back to their best and I can’t see them losing this given their superior quality.
Bournemouth though will have fresh wind in their sails after getting their first league win of the season against Burnley, but were outclassed in their midweek Carabao Cup exit to Liverpool which shows how vulnerable their defence can still be against better opposition.
Simply put it this way, Andoni Iraola’s Cherries must be absolutely disciplined defensively yet clinical on the attack if want a result here, yet I do expect this match to go one-way and possibly be done by half time.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-0 Bournemouth
Result: Manchester City 6-1 Bournemouth