Sheffield Wednesday host Rotherham at Hillsborough in an autumnal relegation six-pointer in the Championship.
Victory will see Sheffield Wednesday stay rock bottom but cut their deficit to Rotherham to three points, whilst the Millers can move to within two points of safety with a win.
Sheffield Wednesday have no fresh injury concerns after their midweek defeat at Plymouth as Momo Diaby remains absent with a leg injury.
Rotherham will be without Andre Green after he suffered a season-ending Achilles injury which kept him out of their last two matches, having suffered the injury during the international break.
Daniel Ayala could make his debut after signing for the Millers as a free agent following Green’s injury.
Tyler Blackett, Grant Hall, Cameron Humphreys (all hamstring), Shane Ferguson (hernia) and Jamie Lindsay (Achilles) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Sheffield Wednesday host Rotherham at Hillsborough in a 1pm GMT kick-off on Sunday 29 October, … in the UK.
- Sheffield Wednesday are unbeaten in five of their last eight league meetings against Rotherham (W3, D2, L3).
- Rotherham have claimed 11 points from their last six visits to Hillsborough (W3, D2, L1).
- Both teams have won each of the last two meetings by a 2-0 result away from home, which came in 2021-22 League One season.
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored just one goal in their last nine matches (D3, L6).
- Rotherham are winless in six away matches this season (D1, L5).
With no wins this season and goals having dried up, Sheffield Wednesday will be glad to finally be at home for the first time under new manager – Danny Rohl, where they should be motivated to chase a home win as long as their defence is resilient and they can find their goalscoring boots.
Rotherham meanwhile have not had much luck with injuries to their defence which has impacted their potential in terms of results, but they must take heart from their midweek win over Coventry where they were just clinical in a fierce attacking contest.
That win also seems to have come at a good time given that Rotherham can come here with extra confidence, especially given their recent form at Hillsborough and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win here such is Wednesday’s defensive vulnerability and weak attacking play.
Prediction: Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Rotherham
Result: Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Rotherham