Aberdeen host PAOK Salonika at Pittodrie in Group G of 2023-24 UEFA Europa Conference League.
Victory would see Aberdeen move off the foot of Group G if Helsinki fail to beat Eintracht Frankfurt, whilst PAOK Salonika will stay top with at least a draw at minimum.
Aberdeen have no fresh injury concerns to report after their Scottish Premiership match against Dundee was postponed due to Storm Babet.
James McGarry and Shayden Morris both remain sidelined with hamstring injuries until November.
PAOK Salonika will be without Soualiho Meite after he was sent off during their group win over Eintracht Frankfurt before the international break.
Marcos Antonio and Filipe Soares are ruled out with unspecified injuries.
When is Kick-Off?
Aberdeen host PAOK Salonika at Pittodrie on Thursday 26 October in a 8pm BST kick-off, live on TNT Sport 3 in the UK.
- This is Aberdeen’s first-ever meeting against PAOK Salonika in all competitions.
- PAOK Salonika are visiting Pittodrie for the very first time in their history.
- Aberdeen lost their only previous meeting against Greek opposition by a 3-0 result against Pananthinaikos in October 2007 in that season’s UEFA Cup – albeit away from home.
- Aberdeen have conceded first in each of their two group matches in this campaign (D1, L1).
- Konstantinos Koulierakis has scored in each of PAOK Salonika’s two group matches (W2).
Having been gifted additional preparation time for this clash due to Storm Babet, I hope that Aberdeen can bring their best game because they haven’t played too badly as underdogs, but this is must-win if want to keep their qualification hopes realistically in their grasp.
PAOK meanwhile are a difficult team to beat with just one loss all season and Andrija Zivkovic looking a huge in-form threat up front, so I do expect them to come to Pittodrie relishing the challenge that awaits them.
Aberdeen though are a tough team to break down and unbeaten in four matches after a rocky start to the campaign, so I don’t expect a corker and if the Dons can take advantage of their extra preparatory time then they might just get something here.
Prediction: Aberdeen 1-1 PAOK Salonika
Result: Aberdeen 2-3 PAOK Salonika