France host Scotland at Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille, in an international friendly.
With UEFA Euro 2024 qualification already confirmed for both France and Scotland, this friendly will give both teams a chance to size one another up ahead of a potential meeting at next summer’s tournament.
France have no fresh injury concerns to report after their away win against Netherlands in UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifying.
Scotland will be without Andrew Robertson after he suffered a dislocated shoulder during their defeat to Spain last Thursday.
Aaron Hickey has also withdrawn which has meant a maiden senior international call up for Max Johnston, in order to bolster Steve Clarke’s options at fullback.
When is Kick-Off?
France host Scotland at Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille, on Tuesday 17 October in a 9pm CEST (8pm UK Time) kick-off, live on Viaplay Sport 1 in the UK.
- France have won each of their last five international friendlies against Scotland (W5).
- Scotland have won two of seven friendlies played away against France (W2, L5).
- France have scored ten goals in their last three friendlies against Scotland without conceding (W3).
- Didier Deschamps’ Les Bleus have scored seven goals at home in all competitions this year without conceding, of which three goals were scored by Kylian Mbappe.
- Scotland are looking to avoid suffering three consecutive defeats in all competitions for the first time since September-October 2019.
Having secured their qualification for the Euros away from home, France will certainly be eager to give the home crowd a proper celebratory victory if they bring the same dominance and clinical quality which saw them defeat the Netherlands.
Scotland meanwhile will feel slightly disappointed by how they lost to a dominant Spain with two mistakes proving costly, but La Roja then did the Tartan Army a favour in Oslo to hand them qualification which takes a lot of pressure of them in their last three games of the year.
Clarke’s Tartan Army though will need to once again be resilient defensively against a fearsome France team who have quality in abundance, whilst also taking their chances which they didn’t do against Spain but I just can’t see them beating the Les Bleus given their away form in France.
Prediction: France 2-1 Scotland
Result: France 4-1 Scotland