West Ham meet Newcastle United at London Stadium in a mouth-watering Premier League clash.
If Aston Villa and Brighton lose elsewhere, victory would put West Ham up to fifth in the table.
Newcastle meanwhile can go fifth themselves with a win if results go their way elsewhere.
Michail Antonio (adductor) is a doubt for West Ham and faces a late fitness test, after the injury kept him out of their Europa League win at Freiburg.
Aaron Cresswell (hamstring) and Ben Johnson (groin) remain absent.
Newcastle will be without Anthony Gordon who is suspended for this match, after he collected his fifth booking of the league campaign in their win over Burnley.
Joelinton and Callum Wilson (both hamstring) will face late fitness tests but Sven Botman (knee), Harvey Barnes (foot) and Joe Willock (hamstring/Achilles) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
West Ham host Newcastle at London Stadium in a 2pm BST kick-off on Sunday 8 October, untelevised in the UK.
- West Ham have won just one of their last eight meetings against Newcastle (W1, D3, L4).
- Newcastle have claimed 13 out of 18 points in their last six visits to West Ham (W4, D1, L1)
- Callum Wilson scored three goals in his two appearances for Newcastle against West Ham last season (W1, D1).
- Coming into this matchweek, no South-American player has made more tackles this season than West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta (23).
- No fullback has completed more passes in the league this season than Newcastle’s Kieran Trippier (687).
Having battled hard to beat Freiburg on Thursday evening, West Ham now need to take the confidence from that physical contest and apply that same quality here because they will need to bring a strong intensity and resilient defence if want a result here.
Newcastle meanwhile delivered one of their most complete performances under Eddie Howe to blow PSG to shreds – from disciplined pressing to clinical end product, yet their task now is to not get sucked in by that performance and try to play more of the same in another tricky contest.
East London also has been a happy hunting ground for Howe’s Magpies in recent seasons and with 24 hours extra rest, I fancy Newcastle to edge it but this could well be a closely fought contest if West Ham can bring more of their attacking quality.
Prediction: West Ham 1-2 Newcastle
Result: West Ham 2-2 Newcastle