Arsenal host Manchester City at Emirates Stadium in a blockbuster Premier League showdown.
Victory by a two-goal margin or higher would see Arsenal climb to the summit of the table, whilst Man City can return to top spot with a win.
Bukayo Saka is a doubt for Arsenal after he suffered a muscle injury during their Champions League loss at Lens.
Gabriel Martinelli and Leandro Trossard (both hamstring) are doubts and face late fitness tests.
Jurrien Timber (knee) remains absent.
Man City have no fresh injury concerns to report as Rodri serves the last of a three-match suspension.
Kevin De Bruyne remains sidelined with a hamstring injury.
When is Kick-Off?
Arsenal host Man City at Emirates Stadium in a 4:30pm BST kick-off on Sunday 8 October, live on Sky Sports in the UK.
- Arsenal are winless in their last 15 league meetings against Man City (D2, L13).
- Man City have won each of their last six visits to Arsenal (W6).
- Erling Haaland plus the injured De Bruyne scored in each of City’s league meetings against Arsenal last season.
- Four of Arsenal’s five penalties this season have been scored by Bukayo Saka and Martin Odegaard, who have both scored two penalties apiece.
- Man City are looking to avoid suffering consecutive league defeats for the first time since December 2018.
After looking sluggish and off pace in their Champions League loss at Lens, Arsenal will be eager to bounce back in front of their home fans but it is imperative that they improve their tempo and clinical finishing, otherwise they could well be in for a hard afternoon.
Man City meanwhile bounced back from their league defeat at Wolves with a clinical dominant display at RB Leipzig with substitutes proving the difference, which doesn’t disguise their recent domestic issues because they haven’t really been sharp and creative as normal lately.
Either way, this is a must-win game for both teams heading into the international break and having beaten City in the Community Shield, Arsenal can believe that they can get something if they play their usual intense attacking football and City are not in full gear.
Man City though are in awesome league form against Arsenal so I do expect both teams to seriously cause issues at opposite ends, but something in me feels like a draw might be on the cards.
Prediction: Arsenal 1-1 Manchester City
Result: Arsenal 1-0 Manchester City