Aris Limassol host Rangers at Alphamega Stadium in Group C of 2023-24 UEFA Europa League.
Victory could see Aris Limassol go top of the group if Real Betis beat Sparta Prague elsewhere, whilst Rangers can go top with a win if they better Sparta’s result.
Aris Limassol have no fresh injury concerns to report after their domestic win over Apollon.
Rangers have no fresh injury concerns to report coming into this game after their 3-1 Scottish Premiership loss to Aberdeen.
Kemar Roofe (groin), Nicolas Raskin, Tom Lawrence (both calf), Danilo (head), Todd Cantwell, Kieran Dowell and Rabbi Matondo (all knee) remain sidelined.
Interim manager, Steven Davis is also sidelined with an ACL injury which has kept him out since December 2022, during which his contract expired this summer.
When is Kick-Off?
Aris Limassol host Rangers at Alphamega Stadium in a 6:45pm CEST (5:45pm UK Time) kick-off on Thrusday 5 October, live on TNT Sport 3 in the UK.
- This is Aris Limassol’s first-ever meeting against Rangers in all UEFA competitions.
- Rangers are playing away to Aris Limassol for the very first time across all UEFA competitions.
- Aris Limassol are facing Scottish opposition in a competitive fixture for the very first time in their history.
- Aris Limassol have failed to keep a clean sheet in three home matches this season across all UEFA competitions (W2, L1).
- Rangers have avoided defeat in just one of their last five away matches in all UEFA competitions (D1, L4).
It is easy to write Aris Limassol off purely on the fact that they are a Cypriot club but they seriously can’t be underestimated because their attacking form is pretty fearsome with just two blanks since July so I expect them to come out ready to cause serious issues on their home turf.
Rangers meanwhile are now under interim management following Michael Beale’s sacking so it will be interesting to see how they respond, although the timing isn’t ideal with a difficult away fixture like this tie but they have to improve defensively after a lacklustre defeat to Aberdeen.
Although Steven Davis will shore up the Gers’ defence, their attack has to match Aris Lismassol in quality because if the Cypriot team score first, I seriously don’t see Rangers getting anything here such is the goalscoring form of the hosts.
Prediction: Aris Lismassol 2-1 Rangers
Result: Aris Lismassol 2-1 Rangers