Leicester City meet Preston North End at the King Power Stadium in a blockbuster Championship showdown.
Victory would see Leicester return to the summit, whilst Preston will stay third no matter the result but a win would put them within one point of the Foxes.
Kasey McAteer is ruled out for up to a month for Leicester after he suffered a hamstring injury during their win at Blackburn last Sunday.
Jannik Vestergaard (suspension) will also be sidelined.
Tom Cannon, Dennis Praet (both back) and Callum Doyle (knee) are still absent.
Preston have no fresh injury concerns to report following their defeat against West Brom last Saturday.
Calvin Ramsay (unspecified), Emil Riis Jakobsen (knee) and Ched Evans (neck) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Leicester face Preston at the King Power Stadium in a 7:45pm BST kick-off on Tuesday 3 October, untelevised live in the UK.
- Leicester are unbeaten in four of their last six league meetings against Preston (W2, D2, L2).
- Preston have won four of their last five visits to Leicester (W4, L1).
- Leicester have won two of their last three meetings against Preston by a 1-0 result.
- Out of Leicester’s four goalscorers at home this season, only Kieran Dewsbury-Hall has scored twice.
- Preston’s five goals have been scored by Will Keane (3) and Liam Lindsay (2).
Having weathered a difficult trip to Blackburn where clinical finishing proved key to their win, Leicester will be pleased to be back on home turf for this difficult game where they might have to suffer again and ensure that their end product is pitch perfect unless they kick on from that result.
Preston meanwhile will be hurting after their first loss of the season where they simply failed to turn up with much spark against West Brom, so I do anticipate a serious response if they want to keep pace with Ipswich and Leicester this early in the season.
Leicester’s home games though have been tight so far with one-goal margins proving the difference and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another nervy evening, only for the points to be shared on this occasion.
Prediction: Leicester 1-1 Preston
Result: Leicester 3-0 Preston