Lens host Arsenal at Stade Bollaert-Delelis in Group B of 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Victory would see Lens go top of Group B if Sevilla lose to PSV Eindhoven, whilst Arsenal can stay top with a win.
Lens have no fresh injury concerns to report after their Ligue 1 win at Strasbourg.
Wuilkner Farinez, Jimmy Cabot (both ACL), Massadio Haidara (thigh) and David Costa (shoulder) remain absent.
Arsenal could be without Bukayo Saka after he suffered a shin injury during their Premier League win at Bournemouth last weekend.
Gabriel Martinelli and Leandro Trossard (both hamstring) are doubts but Jurrien Timber (knee) and Thomas Partey (groin) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Lens host Arsenal at Stade Bollaert-Delelis on Tuesday 3 October at 9pm CET (8pm UK Time), live on TNT Sport 2 in the UK.
- Lens are unbeaten in two previous Champions League meetings against Arsenal (W1, D1).
- Arsenal drew 1-1 in their only previous Champions League visit to Lens in September 1998 (D1).
- Both teams have scored in two meetings played at Lens in all UEFA competitions, with Arsenal netting three goals to Lens’ two goals in total.
- One of Lens’ three shots on target against Sevilla came from outside of the box.
- Arsenal have kept just one clean sheet in their last four away matches in all UEFA competitions (W2, D1, L1).
Having endured a difficult start to the season, Lens are unbeaten in their last three games and will come here with confidence after claiming their first clean sheet of the season at Strasbourg, but they are going to have step it up attack wise and defend well if want to avoid defeat.
Arsenal meanwhile are yet to concede on the road in all competitions and comfortably thrashed Bournemouth last weekend with a clinical display, where they weren’t tested much and I do feel like that might just be the forward gear they needed to ignite their season properly.
Lens however is a team which Arsenal are yet to keep a clean sheet against away from home but I do see that being the case here, especially given the Gunners’ superior quality which should see them take another comfortable win.
Prediction: Lens 0-2 Arsenal
Result: Lens 2-1 Arsenal