Liverpool meet West Ham at Anfield in a tricky Premier League encounter between teams looking to push for a top-four spot.
Victory could see Liverpool go second depending upon the result of Arsenal’s clash against Tottenham.
West Ham meanwhile can go as high as fourth if Brighton and Arsenal both lose elsewhere.
Liverpool have no fresh injury concerns to report after their comeback Europa League victory at LASK, as Trent Alexander-Arnold (hamstring) and Thiago Alcantara (hip) both remain absent.
West Ham could welcome Edson Alvarez back into contention, after he was suspended for their Europa League win over TSC.
Jarrod Bowen (illness) and Aaron Cresswell (hamstring) are doubts and face late fitness tests.
When is Kick-Off?
Liverpool host West Ham at Anfield in a 2pm BST kick-off on Sunday 24 September, albeit untelevised in the UK.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their last eight meetings against West Ham (W7, L1).
- West Ham have claimed just one point from their last seven visits to Liverpool (D1, L6).
- Each of Liverpool’s last two home matches against West Ham have been won by 1-0 results in March and October 2022 respectively.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold has played more through balls than any other Liverpool player this season (6).
- One of Jarrod Bowen’s three league goals for West Ham this season came from a header.
With both of their last two games being a tale of two halves, Liverpool have to buckle up their ideas because if they start sloppy again then they better hope to concede just one goal here at maximum, otherwise they could have more of an uphill struggle if go two goals down at half-time.
West Ham however haven’t really fared well at Anfield in recent years but if they play like they’ve done this season aside from their home loss to Manchester City, they could well be the team that scores twice in the first half against Liverpool to send that vital warning.
Both teams though were in European action on Thursday in which they both came from behind to win, so I do expect changes but this nevertheless should be close given the current form of both teams.
Prediction: Liverpool 1-1 West Ham
Result: Liverpool 3-1 West Ham