Manchester United host Everton at Old Trafford in the opening tie of the Third Round in 2022-23 FA Cup.
Victory would see Man Utd qualify for the Fourth Round for a ninth consecutive season, whilst Everton are looking to avoid a second Third Round exit in four seasons.
Antony is a doubt for Man Utd after he missed their midweek league win against Bournemouth with a muscle injury.
Anthony Martial (knock) is a doubt but Donny van de Beek (knee) is ruled out.
Axel Tuanzebe (unspecified), Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood (both personal) remain absent.
Everton could welcome Amadou Onana back into contention after he served an one-match suspension in their midweek loss to Brighton.
Anthony Gordon (illness) is a doubt but Nathan Patterson (medial ligament) is ruled out.
James Garner (back), Michael Keane and Andros Townsend (both knee) remain absent.
- Man Utd have won six of 12 previous FA Cup meetings against Everton excluding penalty shootouts (W6, D1, L5).
- Everton have won four of six away ties against Utd played at Old Trafford (W1, L3).
- Both teams have scored in just three of their 12 FA Cup ties.
- Utd have lost two of their last six FA Cup meetings against fellow Premier League opposition (W4, L2).
- Everton have lost three of their last five all-Premier League ties in FA Cup (W2, L3).
With nine goals scored and no goals conceded in all competitions since returning from the World Cup break, Man Utd definitely can come into this cup tie with huge belief especially after a clinical yet dominant midweek win over Bournemouth.
Everton meanwhile have bigger fish to fry given their current battle for Premier League survival and questions around Frank Lampard’s immediate future, but they simply need to start by showing more effort than they displayed in a lethargic defeat to Brighton.
Squad rotation though is likely on the cards for both teams but I just can’t see Everton winning this tie despite their good FA Cup form in this fixture at Old Trafford, unless they turn up with the mother of all performances but Utd should nevertheless have too much quality.
Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Everton
Result: Manchester United 3-1 Everton