Ebbsfleet United take on Fleetwood Town at Stonesbridge Road in the Second Round of 2022-23 FA Cup.
Victory would see Ebbsfleet qualify for the Third Round for the first time since 1995-96 season, whilst Fleetwood are looking to reach the Third Round for the fifth time in seven seasons.
Ebbsfleet have no injury concerns to report as Dominic Poleon looks for a recall,
Fleetwood Town could be without Michael Devlin and Darnell Johnson due to unspecified injuries.
Goalkeeper, Alex Cairns won’t be available for selection after he joined Hartlepool United on an emergency loan.
- Ebbsfleet United are meeting Fleetwood Town in FA Cup for the first time but are winless in two previous meetings (D1, L1), which both came in 2011-12 Conference League.
- Fleetwood Town won 3-1 on their only previous visit to Stonesbridge Road in September 2011.
- Ebbsfleet have won two of four previous Second Round ties in FA Cup (W2, L2).
- Fleetwood have won four of their last five away ties in FA Cup dating back to November 2018 (W4, L1).
- Six of Ebbsfleet’s eight FA Cup goals this season have been scored by Dominic Poleon, Toby Edser and Rakish Bingham, who have both scored twice each.
Having only faced fellow Non-League opposition to reach this stage, Ebbsfleet now face a huge rise in oppositional quality but they enter this match off the back of two home defeats in different competitions so a huge improvement will be required here.
Fleetwood Town meanwhile have struggled for wins all season but seem to be draw specialists with 13 draws in total, with a proven goalscoring ability so I do expect them to come here fighting for the win given their evident quality and three-tier superiority over Ebbsfleet.
This is the FA Cup though where miracles do happen and both teams clearly aren’t afraid to find the net yet but Ebbsfleet are better at keeping clean sheets this season, which could well prove crucial if they score first and can thereafter sit deep and dictate the game.
I though don’t see a clean sheet for either team here but Ebbsfleet do look the stronger in terms of chasing that second goal better than their League One opposition.
Prediction: Ebbsfleet United 2-1 Fleetwood Town
Result: Ebbsfleet United 0-1 Fleetwood Town