Wigan Athletic welcome Blackpool to the DW Stadium in a huge clash at the foot of the Sky Bet Championship table.
Victory would see Wigan climb out of the relegation zone with a win if West Brom lose elsewhere, whilst a win would see Blackpool potentially open a five-point gap to the drop and move as high as 16th depending upon results elsewhere.
Jason Kerr is ruled out for Wigan with a serious knee injury which will sideline him for rest of this season.
Tom Naylor (hamstring) and Will Keane (groin) are doubts and could face late fitness tests.
Blackpool will be without James Husband after he suffered a hamstring injury in Tuesday’s defeat to his former team, Middlesbrough.
Callum Connolly is available after missing their midweek match due to suspension.
Jordan Thorniley (concussion), Keshi Anderson, Liam Bridcutt, Lewis Fiorini (all hamstring), Jake Beesley (foot), Jordan Gabriel (knee) and Kevin Stewart (metatarsal) remain absent.
- Wigan have lost four of their last six league meetings against Blackpool (W2, L4).
- Blackpool are unbeaten in seven of their last eight league trips to Wigan (W6, D1, L1).
- Wigan have conceded eight goals in their last three meetings against Blackpool without reply (L3).
- Tendayi Darikwa has been captain in 15 of his 17 league appearances for Wigan this season, whilst Max Power has captained the Latics on five occasions.
- Blackpool have conceded five goals in their last three matches without scoring.
Having failed to win any of their last eight matches and seen manager, Leam Richardson sacked on Thursday, Wigan now need to deliver a huge response to Tuesday’s lacklustre effort at Coventry with zero shots on target and play with more desire.
Blackpool meanwhile were still feeling the effects of a recent sickness bug in Tuesday’s defeat to Middlesbrough, but this is the perfect chance to head into the mid-season break on a high given their form in this fixture.
Both teams therefore come into this game with different reasons to snatch the win which should hopefully mean a competitive encounter, although a part of me feels like Blackpool should win this if they’re back to their best now several players are back in shape again.
Prediction: Wigan 0-1 Blackpool
Result: Wigan 2-1 Blackpool