West Ham welcome Leicester City to London Stadium in a mid-table Premier League clash.
Depending upon results elsewhere, victory would see either West Ham or Leiester climb as high as 11th in the table.
Emerson Palmieri is a doubt for West Ham after he suffered a broken nose in their midweek Carabao Cup exit to Blackburn Rovers.
Maxwel Cornet (calf) remains absent but is set to return for the Hammers’ Boxing Day trip to Arsenal after the mid-season break.
Leicester will be without James Justin after he suffered an Achilles injury in their midweek Carabao Cup victory over Newport County.
Caglar Soyuncu (hamstring), Ryan Bertrand (knee) and Ricardo Pereira (Achilles) remain absent.
- West Ham have lost just two of their last 10 Premier League meetings against Leicester (W4, D4, L2).
- Leicester are unbeaten in four of six previous visits to the London Stadium since West Ham moved from Upton Park in 2016-17 season (W2, D2, L2).
- Youri Tielemans scored on both appearances for Leicester against West Ham last season (D1, L1).
- West Ham have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight meetings against Leicester, which came in a 3-0 win at King Power Stadium in October 2020.
- No team this season has scored from more free kicks in the Premier League than Leicester (2).
inconsistency seems to sum up West Ham’s campaign so far because they have been strong in Europea yet struggled domestically, which was evidenced by a shaky performance against Blackburn in midweek with a sluggish start and finish amidst great response to fight back to lead.
Leiester meanwhile were forced to patiently bide their time against Newport County but their resilience and patience paid off, as demonstrated by three clinical goals in a strong display from which they should look to build upon following their solid run of form over the last month.
This fixture though really feels like a game which should be of higer importance than it is because both teams are underperforming, yet I do expect a tough fight between two teams who have a great attacking ability but are defensively vulnerable.
Leicester however seem to have sorted out their defensive difficulties in recent weeks so I do feel like they will have enough to snatch a win.
Prediction: West Ham 1-2 Leicester
Result: West Ham 0-2 Leicester