Manchester City welcome Sevilla to Etihad Stadium in their final Group G clash of 2022-23 UEFA Champions League.
Man City are already through as Group G winners whilst Sevilla will finish third and move into the Europa League Knockout Stages, meaning that only pride and momentum is at stake for both teams in this match.
Erling Haaland is again ruled out for Man City after he missed Saturday’s narrow away win at Leicester with ligament damage.
Cole Palmer (fitness) could return whilst Kyle Walker (groin) and Kalvin Phillips (shoulder) remain sidelined.
Sevilla will be without striker, Youssef En-Nesyri after he missed their La Liga defeat to Rayo Vallecano with a hamstring injury.
Tanguy Nianzou (quad) is also absent.
- Man City are unbeaten in each of their three previous meetings against Sevilla (W3).
- Sevilla lost 2-1 in their only previous visit to Man City in October 2015 (L1).
- City have kept just one clean sheet in their three previous meetings against Sevilla, which came in a 4-0 away win in September 2022.
- Erling Haaland has scored three goals in City’s two home matches in this group.
- Sevilla are winless in their last eight away matches in all UEFA competitions (D5, L3).
Having faced their first full game without Haaland on the teamsheet or bench of this season, Man City didn’t seem too fazed by his absence as they dominated at Leicester on Saturday, but they did lack the finishing touch in open play and defence lacked urgency to close gaps.
Sevilla meanwhile have surprisingly struggled for any sort of form this season which is a huge worry for a team, who need a huge performance here just to finish their Champions League run on a relative high but their defence have been too leaky this campaign.
I therefore feel like this could be an one-sided contest if Man City turn up and play their best football, especially because I don’t feel like Sevilla’s focus should lie on this game when they’re in a relegation battle in La Liga.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-0 Sevilla
Result: Manchester City 3-1 Sevilla