Manchester United meet West Ham at Old Trafford in an important Super Sunday clash in Premier League.
Victory would see Man Utd improve to fifth in the table, whilst West Ham can go ninth with a win.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka could return for Man Utd after recovering from a muscle injury which sidelined the fullback in recent weeks.
Anthony Martial (back) is a doubt but Raphael Varane (muscle), Axel Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams (both unspecified) and Mason Greenwood (personal) remain absent.
West Ham could be without Jarrod Bowen after he missed Thursday’s Europa Conference League win over Silkeborg with an ankle injury.
Craig Dawson (leg) could return but Lucas Paqueta (collarbone) and Maxwel Cornet (calf) remain absent.
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against West Ham (W4, D1).
- West Ham are winless in their last five league visits to Old Trafford (D1, L4).
- Six red cards have been dished out in 52 Premier League meetings between Man Utd and West Ham, of which Utd were shown four dismissals to West Ham’s two red cards.
- No Portuguese player has been caught offside on more occasions than Utd’s Bruno Fernandes and Cristiano Ronaldo, who have both been found offside on seven occasions each.
- No West Ham player has produced more interceptions this season in Premier League than Declan Rice, who has made 20 interceptions in 12 league appearances.
Having scrapped to a 1-1 draw at Chelsea last weekend, Man Utd bounced back with an absolutely dominant midweek win over Sheriff Tiraspol where they faced no shots against them, even if they struggled with their end product at times.
Despite making nine changes for Thursday’s win over Silkeborg, West Ham dominated that game with relative ease so I am expecting a refreshed line-up to really bring the fight here given their current form, even if they were helped by VAR in their last domestic outing.
Man Utd though seem to be finding their feet now under Erik Ten Hag so I do expect Utd to look to come here and chase an important win to keep pace with the top-four battle, whereas West Ham have hit their strides and were unlucky to lose their last away outing so will mount a fight here.
A draw therefore feels like a fair bet if both teams bring their best quality and this game turns into a competitive scrap.
Prediction: Manchester United 1-1 West Ham
Result: Manchester United 1-0 West Ham