West Ham welcome Silkeborg to London Stadium in a Group B clash in 2022-23 UEFA Europa Conference League.
Victory would see West Ham wrap up top spot in Group B to secure a guaranteed spot in the Round of 16, which would also mean a bye through the Knockout Play-Offs.
Silkeborg meanwhile can stay second with a win to boost their hopes of advancing as runners-up.
Nayef Aguerd could make his first competitive appearance for West Ham after recovering from a serious ankle injury suffered in pre-season.
Lucas Paqueta (collarbone), Craig Dawson (leg) and Maxwel Cornet (calf) remain absent.
Silkeborg could be without Pelle Mattsson, Gustav Dahl (both head) and Niclas Holm Pedersen (back) who face late fitness tests.
Mark Brink and Lukas Engel both are ruled out with hamstring injuries.
- West Ham won their only previous meeting against Silkeborg (W1), having prevailed 3-2 in Denmark last month.
- Silkeborg are playing away to English opposition for the first time in all UEFA competitions.
- West Ham won their only previous home match against Danish opposition in all UEFA competitions, having defeated Viborg 3-1 in August in the Play-Offs.
- Jarrod Bowen has scored in each of West Ham’s two previous home matches in this group (W2).
- Kasper Kusk has scored in each of Silkeborg’s last three group matches, with his three goals all scored in the opening 12 minutes.
Despite having benefitted from two VAR controversies to snatch a deserved win over Bournemouth on Monday, West Ham though were wasteful in their end product in open play as manager – David Moyes noted post-match so I do expect a reaction here.
Silkeborg though are no pushovers as West Ham found out in the away leg last month albeit on an artificial pitch, yet they are now the away team playing on a natural pitch so will need to adapt quickly if they’re to fight for the win.
I however can’t see the Hammers losing this game given their home form in Europe and they’re overall much stronger than they were at Silkeborg, although this game could well be close if Moyes opts to rest some key players now qualification has been sealed.
Prediction: West Ham 2-1 Silkeborg
Result: West Ham 1-0 Silkeborg