Bournemouth welcome Southampton to the Vitality Stadium in a South Coast derby.
Victory could see Bournemouth climb as high as sixth depending upon results elsewhere, whereas Southampton can climb out of the relegation zone with a win.
Ben Pearson is a doubt for Bournemouth as he nears a return from a knee injury.
Lloyd Kelly (ankle) and David Brooks (fitness) remain absent.
Southampton could be without Armel Bella-Kotchap after he suffered a shoulder injury during Sunday’s draw against West Ham.
Valentino Livramento (knee) and Romeo Lavia (muscle) remain ruled out.
- Bournemouth have won one of their last five Premier League meetings against Southampton (W1, D2, L2).
- Southampton have lost just one of their last five league visits to Bournemouth (W2, D2, L1).
- Bournemouth have failed to score in their last three home games against Southampton in all competitions (D1, L2), during which they conceded five goals without reply.
- Gary O’Neil’s Cherries are yet to keep a disciplinary clean sheet at home this season.
- Southampton are yet to score a headed goal in Premier League this season.
Having showed fantastic attacking intensity in their passes and runs with excellent finishing, Bournemouth certainly will be eager to produce a reaction after some dodgy defending allowed Fulham to fight back twice to snatch a 2-2 draw.
Southampton meanwhile were lucky to get their goal against West Ham amidst a mix-up involving the referee, which ultimately proved enough for a draw with solid defending because they just seem to lack finishing quality on attack which is a worry.
Now if Bournemouth turn up and play like they did on Saturday but with better defending and Southampton don’t improve, I can just see one result but the Saints seem to relish this fixture although a win here does look unlikely based on current form so a draw might be possible.
Prediction: Bournemouth 1-1 Southampton
Result: Bournemouth 0-1 Southampton