Copenhagen welcome Manchester City to Parken Stadium in Group G of 2022-23 UEFA Champions League.
Victory would see Copenhagen go third for a few hours with Sevilla not playing Borussia Dortmund until late evening.
Man City meanwhile can qualify for the knockout stage as Group G winners with a win.
Copenhagen will be without Carlos Zeca as he recovers from a knee injury which prevented him from featuring at the Etihad Stadium last week.
Mamadou Karamoko (unspecified) and Akinkunmi Amoo (knee) both remain absent.
Man City have no fresh injury concerns from Saturday’s Premier League win against Southampton, as John Stones (hamstring), Kyle Walker (groin) and Kalvin Phillips (shoulder) remain absent.
- Copenhagen are yet to beat Man City in three previous meetings across all UEFA competitions (D1, L2).
- Man City were held to a 2-2 draw in their only previous away visit to Copenhagen, which came in first leg of their Round of 32 tie in 2008-09 UEFA Cup.
- City have kept just one clean sheet in their three previous meetings against Copenhagen.
- Copehagen has completed the least number of passes out of all four teams in Group G, only managing to complete 834 of 1047 attempted passes.
- Only one of Erling Haaland’s five Champions League goals for Man City this season has been scored on the Norwegian’s right foot.
Following their humiliating defeat at the Etihad last week, Copenhagen now face the tricky task of lifting themselves mentally and delivering a solid defensive effort to frustrate City, whilst looking to clinically convert their own chances which will be absolutely key.
Man City though are on an absolute roll and look untouchable once they hit their stride with the gas pedal at full throttle, of which I don’t expect them to lift here until they are at least three goals to the good then we could see bit of a game if Copenhagen can get into the contest.
This match therefore is City’s to lose because I can see them wanting to wrap up qualification quickly, even if mean their last two group matches are dead rubbers as it gives them a chance to rest key players – especially those who will be at the World Cup.
Prediction: Copenhagen 0-3 Manchester City
Result: Copenhagen 0-0 Manchester City